I finally got my act together and came up with a post for this week's prompt, courtesy of :
If I could live in any era of history, what would it be -- list 10 reasons why.
This is an easy one. I would definitely live in the colonial days. Here's why:
1. Being a part of this experiment called America would be inspiring.
2. The founders of our country had so much foresight and we so very smart. I would love to meet them.
3. I would spark the women's movement early.
4. I would appreciate my current luxurious lifestyle far more if I had to beat my rugs, handwash my clothes, and tend to a fire for a while.
5. I could see the city of Philadelphia in its prime...as the commercial, creative, and social hub if the country.
6. I could wear those beautiful dresses with corsets that puffed out at the waist. That would be fun for a while.
7. A little bit of extra "padding" was favored in those days. I would welcome the opportunity to take pride in my curves.
8. I could go to a ball.
9. I could make those cool candles out of real beeswax and use a loom to weave stuff.
10. I would have never stepped foot inside a WalMart.