11:27 AM

My Writer's Workshop Assignment

I finally got my act together and came up with a post for this week's prompt, courtesy of :

If I could live in any era of history, what would it be -- list 10 reasons why.

This is an easy one. I would definitely live in the colonial days. Here's why:

1. Being a part of this experiment called America would be inspiring.


2. The founders of our country had so much foresight and we so very smart. I would love to meet them.


3. I would spark the women's movement early.

4. I would appreciate my current luxurious lifestyle far more if I had to beat my rugs, handwash my clothes, and tend to a fire for a while.

5. I could see the city of Philadelphia in its prime...as the commercial, creative, and social hub if the country.

6. I could wear those beautiful dresses with corsets that puffed out at the waist. That would be fun for a while.

7. A little bit of extra "padding" was favored in those days. I would welcome the opportunity to take pride in my curves.

8. I could go to a ball.

9. I could make those cool candles out of real beeswax and use a loom to weave stuff.

10. I would have never stepped foot inside a WalMart.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Sounds good!! In addition to all of that stuff...it would just be nice to live during simpler times!!

Weeksie50 said...

It would be a fun time to watch and see all the new developments..

Sam said...

yes, it would all be very interesting and very good for a while....as long as you come back!!!

Diane said...

Yeah... but they pooped in chamber pots. ;)

C.Thompson said...

Wow, I could not have survived back then....no internet,lol

KatBouska said...

You are the ONLY person who has said the colonial days...weirdo. ;)